- Versatile cell membrane and whole body protectant
- Supports healthy blood flow and vessel integrity
- Promotes healthy, integrated immune response
- Helps to protect from ultraviolet radiation
- Helps recovery time after exercise
- Crosses blood-brain barrier to deliver antioxidant to brain, eyes and nervous system
- Superior antioxidant activity
Best Astaxanthin is stronger than natural antioxidants like beta-carotene and up to 100 times stronger than Vitamin E as an antioxidant. The unique structural aspects allow it to pass the "blood brain barrier", meaning it can deliver antioxidant activity benefits not only through the blood stream to the cells of the skin, muscles and organs but also directly to the brain, eyes and nervous system. Best Astaxanthin is a potent antioxidant that also helps recycle other antioxidants like Vitamin E, betacarotene, lycopene and glutathione – switching them back “on” and prolonging their functional life.
Helps recovery time after exercise
The active component in Best Astaxanthin appears to assist muscle function by reducing free radical damage during heavy exercise, thus allowing muscles to use more oxygen efficiently and recover quickly.
Astaxanthin complements the body’s own antioxidant defence system and thereby helps to prevent skin damage. Scientists believe Astaxanthin works by helping to preserve and enhance the protective effects of substances such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, beta carotene, superoxide dismutase and catalase at the skins structure. These effects may help reduce the acute inflammation reaction of the skin and tissue that follows excessive exposure to UV radiation, which leads to sunburn and damage.