- Combines authentic Antarctic krill from sustainable harvested krill with high potency fish omega 3 fatty acids
- Doctor’s Best enhanced krill with DHA-EPA is a unique combination formula supporting the healthy brain development and function
- Supports healthy brain, joint and other organ functions
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Krill provides omega 3 EPA-DHA linked into phospholipids which are a highly bioavailable form of these essential fatty acids.
Antarctic Krill (Euphausia superba) are shrimp-like creatures that thrive in frigid seas. Their ample content of DHA and EPA, both of which are highly fluid molecules, keeps their cells fluid at temperatures far below freezing, allowing them to survive, feed and reproduce. DHA and EPA are similarly important to cold-water fish.
Krill Enhanced with DHA and EPA combines the attributes of these premier omega-3 dietary sources. DHA is practically a vitamin, since the body is extremely limited at making it from precursor nutrients. EPA likely contributes to the overall benefits of omega-3s in the body, but does not substitute for DHA.
DHA is essential for healthy brain, eye and heart development
Beginning in the womb and continuing through life, DHA is essential to healthy organ functions. Its importance for prenatal brain, eye and heart development is well documented. DHA and EPA status of adults is positively associated with maintenance of a healthy mood, as concluded from extensive data analysis by the American Psychiatric Association. Clinical trials found DHA can benefit memory in healthy individuals aged older than 55 years.
Numerous benefits for the heart and circulation plus clinical benefits for other organs
That DHA and EPA support the heart and circulation is clearly evident from numerous human population studies, clinical trials, and laboratory experiments.
Krill oil also supplies astaxanthin, a carotenoid antioxidant and potent cell membrane protectant.
In this ultrapotent dietary supplement, DHA and EPA from fish augment krill phospholipid DHA and EPA to deliver a range of dosing which the evidence suggests is close to optimal for the support of human brain, cardiovascular and joint health.